Download as a pdf
2014-2016 | blog
An iPad app to manage equipment scheduling and inventory. Made with
MySQL. At Northwest Film Center, the app has improved efficiency by reducing checkout times by 25%.
2012 | AppStore
An iOS music player with multiple design skins. made with
Cocoa Touch and
Emberex, Eugene, OR - Mar 2017 - current
- Demo and review code with team members; contribute to daily standup meetings and weekly sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
Code Fellows, Portland, OR - Sep 2016 - Jan 2017
- Identified coding mistakes quickly and provided friendly, constructive feedback.
Equipment and Digital Facility Manager
Northwest Film Center, Portland, OR — Oct 2013 - May 2016
- Worked closely with the Education Director, Education Programs Manager, faculty and staff to develop and administer NWFC’s School of Film.
- Oversaw all administrative management and record-keeping systems and servers affiliated with equipment inventory and circulation, facility use, media management, classroom scheduling and set-up, equipment maintenance and capital purchasing.
- Created an iPad app using a LAMP backend to efficiently manage the inventory and scheduling of film and video gear for student access.
- Managed and oversaw all facilities, including three studio classrooms, two computer labs, audio recording suite, equipment circulation room and all film gear, AV gear and education technology.
- Recruited, trained and supervised education program staff and interns.
- Researched and developed long and short term plans for facility and equipment needs. Worked with staff to develop grants and other proposals.
- Implemented an end-of-life-cycle replacement plan for department computers.
- Performed basic repairs of A/V equipment (e.g., soldering new connections on audio cables, identifying and replacing damaged electronic components, re-celling rechargeable batteries, etc.)
- Cultivated student, faculty and customer relationships and managed their access to AV resources.
Northwest Film Forum, Seattle, WA — June 2002 - Oct 2013
- Installed and maintained office IT systems: computers, servers and network services.
- Created box office software and databases for the organization to track donations, transactions and class enrollments.
- Managed the film and video production gear and facilities—video edit suite, animation suite, 50 seat theater and production library; selected and purchased film & video equipment and software.
- Managed education and artist support programs. Selected and hired instructors; wrote program summaries and gathered materials for final reporting and program evaluations; offered friendly, patient and knowledgeable program support.
- Taught workshops on camera operation, editing and production workflow.
- Built relationships with community organizations and industry representatives to co-present workshops and panel discussions.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.F.A. in Graphic Design
TechHire CodeSprint (2016) – 6th Place | leaderboard
- Devsigner – Portland (2016)
- NodePDX (2016)
- CocoaConf Portland (2015)
- CocoaConf Portland (2012)
- HIVE: Design + Tech – Seattle (2011)
- Voices That Matter: iPhone Developers Conference – Seattle (2011)
Professional and Related Experience
2016 Panelist, “Project Grants,” Regional Arts and Culture Council, Portland, OR
2013–2016 I.T. Steering Committee Member, Portland Art Museum, OR
2009–2013 Advisory Board Member, video dept., School of the Arts, Tacoma, WA
2005–2012 Advisory Board Member, film and video dept., Ballard High School, WA
2005–2007 Director, Washington State Screenplay Competition, Seattle, WA
2007 Panelist, “Fellowship Award,” Artist Trust, Seattle, WA
2004 Advisory Board Member, film & documentary production, UW Extension, WA
2002 Panelist, “Artist in Residence,” 911 Media Arts Center, Seattle, WA
Awards and Honors
2014 Portland Art Museum, Solo Exhibition of Short Film Work, OR
2007 CEC Artslink, Artslink Project Award, Skopje, Macedonia
2007 Queen Street Studios, Digital Studios Artist Residency, Belfast, N. Ireland
2007 Art Patch, Healthy Funding Award, WA
2006 4Culture, Special Projects Award, WA
2004 Seattle Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs, CityArtist Award, WA
2004 4Culture, Special Projects Award, WA
2003 Artist Trust, Fellowship, WA
2001 911 Media Arts Center, Residency, “New Works Laboratory,” WA