Download as a pdf
When the process of making software is rooted in well-documented decisions that are based on clear and rational motives, and it is a process that encourages bringing out the best in people, I’ll fit right in. I am a full stack developer, tenacious at solving problems, generous at sharing knowledge and eager to create delightful user experiences. I am happiest working in a team that cultivates a rigor for well designed code, a passion for learning and an atmosphere of collaboration among team members.
Emberex — Eugene, OR
Mar 2017 - current
- Write, review and maintain code for online assessment and learning products.
- Write server side code using Java with Spring and OSGi frameworks, Node.js, Cassandra and MySQL.
- Author end-to-end integration tests with Cypress.
- Demo and review code with team members; contribute to daily standup, sprint planning, demo and retrospective meetings.
- Manage tasks and goals with an agile methodology, using a scrum framework and JIRA tools for issue and project tracking.
- Manage code versioning with git and Bitbucket.
Code Fellows — Portland, OR
Sep 2016 - Jan 2017
- Diagnosed coding mistakes with a focus on guiding students to exercise their analytical skills and strengthen their problem solving.
- Provided friendly, constructive feedback with a patient demeanor.
Equipment and Digital Facility Manager
Northwest Film Center — Portland, OR
Oct 2013 - May 2016
- Oversaw all administrative management affiliated with equipment inventory and circulation, facility use, media management and capital purchasing for NWFC’s film school.
- Wrote a native iOS app and a backend web application to manage the inventory and scheduling of film and video gear for student access.
- Managed and oversaw all facilities, including three studio classrooms, two computer labs, audio recording suite, equipment circulation room and all film gear, AV gear and education technology.
- Recruited, trained and supervised education program staff and interns.
- Performed basic repairs of A/V equipment.
- Cultivated student, faculty and customer relationships and managed their access to AV resources.
Northwest Film Forum — Seattle, WA
June 2002 - Oct 2013
- Installed and maintained office IT systems: computers, servers and network services.
- Wrote a native Mac app and a backend web application for the organization to track box office transactions, class enrollments and donations.
- Managed the film and video production gear and facilities, including a video edit suite, animation suite, 50 seat theater and production library; selected and purchased film & video equipment and software.
- Managed education and artist support programs; selected and hired instructors; wrote program summaries and gathered materials for final reporting and program evaluations; offered friendly, patient and knowledgeable program support.
- Taught workshops on camera operation, editing and production workflow.
- Built relationships with community organizations and industry representatives to co-present workshops and panel discussions.
2014-2016 | GitHub | blog posts
An iPad app to manage equipment scheduling and inventory. Made with
MySQL. Gear is Northwest Film Center’s solution for equipment scheduling. Since it was implemented in 2015 it has significantly improved staff efficiency and reduced scheduling errors.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.F.A. in Graphic Design
TechHire CodeSprint (2016) – 6th Place | leaderboard
Professional and Related Experience
2016 Panelist, “Project Grants,” Regional Arts and Culture Council, Portland, OR
2013–2016 I.T. Steering Committee Member, Portland Art Museum, OR
2009–2013 Advisory Board Member, video dept., School of the Arts, Tacoma, WA
2005–2012 Advisory Board Member, film and video dept., Ballard High School, WA
2005–2007 Director, Washington State Screenplay Competition, Seattle, WA
2007 Panelist, “Fellowship Award,” Artist Trust, Seattle, WA
Filmmaking Awards and Honors
2017 Local Sightings Film Festival, Retrospective Exhibition of Short Film Work, WA
2014 Portland Art Museum, Retrospective Exhibition of Short Film Work, OR
2007 CEC Artslink, Artslink Project Award, Skopje, Macedonia
2007 Queen Street Studios, Digital Studios Artist Residency, Belfast, N. Ireland